One of the vendors who provide packet sniffing web analytics solutions are Clickstream Technologies. Some sites, for instance SiteSpect use interesting means of leveraging packet sniffers, while using technology for multivariate testing, thus eliminating the addiction to tagging a blog to carry out the testing.
1. You have to follow five steps to collect data through packet sniffing:
2. The customer types your URL in the browser.
3. The request experiences a credit card applicatoin- or hardware-based packet sniffer that collects options that come with the request that could return more data in regards to the Customer for the packet sniffer.
4. Next the request is routed towards the internet server with the packet sniffer.
6. The packet sniffer transmits the page towards the customer browser.
The benefits of using packet sniffers because the data collection mechanism are highlighted below: